Body In White (BIW) Shop Manufacturing Engineer
PLEASE SUBMIT CV IN ENGLISH.
PAC Group –Body In White Shop Manufacturing Engineer
Greenfield/Brownfield Automotive Facility Installation – Global
Are you looking for short or long term assignments that can take you around the world?
The PAC Group is seeking a Body in White (BIW) Shop Manufacturing Engineer, with 10-15 years’ experience to join its Global Operations team.
Project delivery locations vary.
Working as a key member within the Manufacturing Team, the Body In White Shop Engineer will lead the design and development for the Body In White facilities at this Greenfield site. The Engineer will be acting as the Owner’s Representative for the Body In White Shop and will be responsible for leading the team managing all project documentation, ensuring accuracy, quality and integrity ultimately leading to a successful completion of the project including handover back to the client.
- Knowledge of latest innovations in engineering and applications will be essential during the delivery of this critical project.
- Significant previous experience in the delivery of Body in White shops for the automotive sector.
- Mastery of quality requirements and “Best in Class” Body in White application techniques.
- Experience in leading project teams for new Product Launch’s in the Automotive Industry.
- Thorough knowledge of the Body in White application development process and all related activities.
- Expertise in Project Management methodology.
- Lead Simultaneous Engineering activities.
- Develop and analyze efficient Body in White Shop Layouts focusing on quality and operational excellence.
- Develop Body in White process to optimize quality and throughput (cycle time).
- Develop and review concept drawings and proposals for Body in White equipment and facilities.
- Analyze Body in White material, equipment and facility costs.
- Development of Facility Specifications and Bid Documentation.
- Lead and manage all aspects of the Body in White facility installations including follow up with both off-shore and on-shore activities.
- Lead development of the Local National Body in White Engineering team including supporting with training as required.
- During both commissioning and Start Up production, lead and organize required quality improvement measures as required to ensure a smooth ramp up and quality launch.
In addition to superior interpersonal skills, the candidate will also possess -
Attention to Detail
Managing Performance and Risk
- Proficiency with the full suite of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- Proficiency with CAD related software.
- Minimum Bachelor degree from related discipline(s) and 10-15 years related experience
- Candidates should have prior work experience in automotive manufacturing facilities.
- Previous overseas project assignments are viewed as a plus.
To learn more about The PAC Group visit our website at www.pacgroup.com and view our short introduction video.